The Communications and Marketing Assistant work closely to support on all the activities of the MarComm team. This in-house team delivers a professional communications service including: communication, production & marketing materials, website maintenance & content, distribution of digital content, database management, etc…. Ideal candidates will be creative and have a real passion for a career in communications and marketing as evidenced in academic studies, experience or interests.
Under the responsibility of the Communication & Marketing Manager and alongside of the Participants Relations team, you will be expected to carry out the work requested proactively and efficiently, keeping your line manager informed. The role includes, but not limited to, the following tasks:
Key Responsibilities of this role includes, but is not limited to :
Copywriting / Processing (80% of your time)
• Content creation eg press releases, participants newsletters, guide, roadbook, social medias posts
• Translation of content from English to French, or French to English
• Processing mail outs and distribution of content (public/media)
• Website management (content creation, development, uploading content)
• Database management: Updating and maintaining mail-out lists (public / competitors / other) including unsubscribes
• Uploading content to the DME (Digital Media Exchange)
• Designs Creation: design new basic marketing materials (print, digital, videos) / edit current marketing/communications materials
• Source stock imagery suitable for using across our different marketing channels
• Processing Arenametric our CRM platform
• Development and implementation of the global communications strategy
• Liaison with suppliers eg photographers, TV production, speakers, printers
• Compiling communications reports after each event
Marketing & Media:
• Organisation of media/influencers trips for events including organising logistics, preparation of welcome packs and hosting on site
• Create bespoke and exciting proposals (both content and design) to convince media and influencers to speak about our events
• Coding/logging of media coverage for evaluation reports
• Assist in producing media reports
• Assist in the production and distribution of communication tools (flyers, posters…)
• Supporting the strategy & planning across all communications and PR
• Supporting all social media
• Day-to-day assistance in administrative tasks (media activities, invoicing, meeting notes, database management etc)
• Must be a EU or Swiss national or have a relevant work permit.
• A real passion for a career in communications as evidenced in academic studies, previous experience or interests.
• Good creative writing skills with the desire to develop those skills working alongside the current media/marketing team.
• A desire to learn, develop a greater understanding of communications and be able to take on more responsibility.
• Excellent attention to detail.
• A working knowledge of Microsoft office packages, particularly Excel, and understanding the necessity to undertake database work and content processing.
• A good working knowledge of social media is beneficial, along with a knowledge/interest in websites (including Content Management Systems).
• A good knowledge of graphic design software.
• Excellent organisational skills and self-motivated personality with the ability to work to tight deadlines, cope with event pressures, and manage their own time effectively, who can take instruction and work well within a small and hard-working team.
• Ability and willingness to work various hours including evenings and weekends.
• Excellent communicator, both written and verbal, and confident in liaising effectively with both internal and external parties.
• You must be fluent in French and English.
• A love of sport and outdoor events is a must with knowledge of running or triathlon or an advantage
• Ability and willingness to travel
• Full driving license
• March 2020 - Sept/Oct 2020
• “Convention de stage” or formal agreement through your educational provider is MANDATORY for non-swiss citizen
• You will be given a monthly allowance of 800 CHF (gross - before any deductions are taken for state and federal taxes, insurance etc)
• 10 vacation days for a 6-month internship
• For internships of 3 months or more we will reimburse the full cost of a CFF card. The card entitles you to a 50% discount on train tickets (to qualify for a CFF card you must be living in Switzerland)How to apply
Send your CV and Cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org