Job informationDivision / Unit: Communications / Reputation & Engagement Contract type: Permanent Start date: 01.03.2020
The Communications Specialist helps to apply UEFA’s strategy by devising and implementing well-constructed and broadly supported internal and external communications strategies. The incumbent’s main objective is to manage and safeguard UEFA’s reputation and ensure maximum employee engagement. Working with all UEFA divisions, the Executive & President’s Office, HR, and specialist units, such as Football Social Responsibility, Women’s Football, or Medical, he or she streamlines the key messaging on UEFA’s key programmes both internally and externally. The Communications Specialist also coordinates a portfolio of dedicated stakeholders (accounts), manages their expectations, requests and satisfaction, based on a mutually agreed communications approach.
Key ResponsibilitiesSpecific duties:
- Pro-actively managing key stakeholder accounts inside and outside the organisation; - Helping to devise and run various communication campaigns on specific issues; - Acting as a driving force in a team developing communication strategies for key UEFA programmes, as well as for the broader media when appropriate, and developing and applying these at UEFA events, e.g. UEFA matches, UEFA Congress;
- Contributing to the organisation and implementation of communication activities for UEFA corporate events; - Focusing on core UEFA corporate topics, including solidarity, women’s football, diversity in football, education, health, sustainable development initiatives, and football corporate social responsibility (FSR) programmes on all UEFA channels; - Working with partner organisations and throughout the football community, to strengthen relationships and promote UEFA activities and contributions; - Defining and implementing #EqualGame campaign activities in connection with UEFA club and national team competition matches and developing associated communication strategies for the 2020–2024 cycle; - Coordinating proposals for FSR communication initiatives in conjunction with UEFA competitions and events; - Coordinating and implementing employee engagement initiatives.
Profile of successful candidate
- More than 7 years' experience in a similar role in an international environment
- Bachelor's in communication
- Masters in Communications
- English / Proficient - French / Intermediate
- MS Excel / Intermediate - MS Outlook / Proficient - MS Word / Proficient - MS PowerPoint / Proficient - Interest in football desirable - In-house communications experience desirable - Social media proficiency desirable - Communicative background desirable - Project management skills desirable
Apply online please