HEAD OF MEMBER
SERVICES & BUSINESS
About the job
Reporting into the Director of Membership and Business Development and working in close collaboration with all Departments, the successful candidate will be responsible for:
• Develop and deliver ECA’s member services delivery strategy, enabling all support and services activities from the ECA Administration are made available to our member clubs in the most effective and meaningful way
• Assess, drive, and contribute to the future development of the services portfolio for member clubs to address their growing needs
• Identify and lead discussions and negotiations with commercial service partners/providers of beneficial framework agreements for the member clubs and build a best-in-class partner/provider portfolio
• Enhance and broaden the network and positive relationships to member clubs and industry stakeholders throughout Europe and actively foster knowledge sharing across all stakeholders
• Foster insight and knowledge sharing across the member clubs (e.g. Club Management Programme) and effectively deliver member services
• Be a strong partner and trusted advisor to member clubs
• Establish processes and a systematic and structured working relationship with the Membership Department to strengthen the insight- and knowledge driven approach securing member needs are met to their expectations
• Bringing fresh perspectives and new insight to the ECA Administration, inspiring internal and external stakeholders about the development of growth opportunities
• Work closely with Director of Membership and Business Development on commercial and business development related projects with both internal and external key stakeholders (e.g. ECA Working Groups and Bodies, UEFA & FIFA)
You are invited to send your CV and covering letter to Greta Bodino, Director of Staff and Operations, at firstname.lastname@example.org
In-depth understanding of European Club Football eco-system and knowledge of the requirements, challenges and changing needs of a professional football club with a relevant track record in a professional football club or an agency in the field of sport and entertainment at a senior level
• Experience of working (5-7 years) in a commercial oriented environment and in a client/ partnership facing role, with an understanding of product-/service delivery
• A strong track record of planning, launching and monitoring new products-/services
• Credible and passionate about building and foster relationships
• Creative mindset that identifies opportunities, is keen to seek out and articulate new ideas and effectively brings them to life
• Proven ability to articulate and lead strategic programmes and processes at senior level and in complex environments
• Organised and methodical with strong project management capabilities
• Natural networker, affable and personable that can develop and monetize an international network of contacts and build close working relationships
• Low ego and diplomatic, with the ability to build working relationships with member clubs from all ECA Membership categories
• Great communicator verbally and on paper
• Proven ability to thrive in consultative, collaborative environments and manage multiple stakeholders affectively
• Service-oriented and client-focused attitude
• A curious and critical thinker who identifies new opportunities
• A collaborator who strives in team-work environments and drives cross-departmental knowledge sharing
• A global citizen who is comfortable operating within a truly international environment
• Hard working and determined to overcome barriers to success
• Comfortable with frequent travelling
• Language skills: Fluent in English. Knowledge of languages used widely across Eastern European territories would be advantageous.
European Club Association (ECA) is developing and growing our team to ensure we constantly enhance and improve the delivery of value in all our activities and services for our Member Clubs.
As part of its development and growth, ECA is bringing on board a Head of Member Services & Business Development, reporting to the Director of Membership & Business Development, to design, manage and deliver services in a sustainable and successful manner to the ECA Member Clubs.
The Head of Member Services & Business Development is a newly created position and will play a key role in the development and delivery of membership value by providing relevant support and service offerings and as such you will be part of ECA’s mission to place clubs at the Heart of Football.
As a senior member of the ECA Administration you will be responsible for shaping and delivering ECA’s future service model and strategy as well as building the required organisational execution model for delivering it. With that ensuring that ECA’s member needs are met in a relevant, sustainable and effective way.
In this role you will work closely with ECA’s member clubs, the Membership Department, key stakeholders, such as UEFA and FIFA, as well as relevant service providers, to identify, agree on and deliver the key milestones required to execute the strategy.
The role is based at ECA’s offices in Nyon, Switzerland with frequent travel to member clubs across Europe and other business engagements as required.
ECA is the sole, independent body directly representing football clubs at European level
• ECA represents the interests of 246 professional football clubs from across Europe, clubs that regularly compete in UEFA Club Competitions
• As the representative voice of European club football on the international football landscape, ECA’s core purpose is to place clubs at the Heart of Football
• ECA has embarked upon a strategic delivery programme at the start of 2020 to set and achieve key goals across a range of areas of vital importance to the association, shaping the future of club football in Europe across sporting, governance, commercial, regulatory, organisational, developmental and societal aspects
• Since its foundation in 2008, ECA has grown from 137 member clubs to 246 today, representing 55 different national associations
• ECA is chaired by Andrea Agnelli, Chairman of Juventus, since his election in September 2017
• As an organisation, ECA has a growing team, currently around 20 people, and is on a mission of organisational growth and development, targeting a performance-driven culture, delivering high impact outcomes for the administration and its member clubs
• ECA is fully committed to providing a culture of equal opportunity and diversity in its workplace